We all love saving money, right? However it can be a lot of hard work to actually find new opportunities to reduce rental expenses. But here’s your head start; I’ve gathered some ideas that have worked for me and could work for you as well.
Below is a collection of articles I’ve published describing some of the most profitable moves you can make to reduce your monthly rental expenses. Please send in your recommendations too. Let me know what I might have missed.
- The Must-Have Tool for Landlords – This clip on wide angle lens helps you take pictures that shows more of your bathroom and kitchen. The better, more real life pictures, gives you a marketing advantage when posting an internet vacancy ad.
- Reduce Your Vacancy Rate – 8 Step Plan to Reduce Turnover Time and Expenses – Check out this 8-step plan to bring on a new tenant before your departing tenant moves out.
- How to Safely Buy Deeply Discounted Home Depot Gift Cards Off Craigslist – Follow these six steps and three built-in safeguards to buy gift cards and store credits at steep discounts.
- 7 Ways to Save Big at Home Depot – Mix and match these tactics to save 17% and more! This is one of the strategies I uses to reduce my rental property expenses by over $100 each month.
- Ways To Save 40 Percent On Insurance For Landlords – List of ideas to keep you from over insuring your property, overlooking discounts, and wasting money. I personally used some tactics to save 40% on my premiums.
- Our First Winner Of The $100 Expense Reduction Challenge – Here’s how Deborah figured out how to save over $200 per month and won our expense reduction challenge!
- Floating Vinyl Plank Flooring – Reduce Costs With This Carpet Alternative – With a product this beautiful and durable, why would anyone install carpet? Ease of cleaning, ease of repair, and the 25 year warranty are just a few reasons you should consider this option.
- Using The Aladdin Factor To Reduce Expenses – Asking tenants to contribute towards complimentary services is a good way to cut your monthly bills. You’ll be surprise at what you can get if you ask.
- Shifting Paradigms To Improve Net Operating Income – Changing your mindset and considering new ideas might spark cost-saving ideas. Here’s a discussion on why we should distance ourselves from the “landlord” title and step up to working as Income Stream Managers.
- Eliminate Energy Bills – This Referral Program Cuts You Monthly Checks – This unconventional approach can keep the money in your wallet. Ambit Energy has a referral reward program that credits your monthly bill and can completely offset your expenses.
- StoveTop FireStop Might Reduce Insurance Premium – This automatic fire suppressor could lower your premium by reducing your risks of stove fires.
- Grow Rental Income Streams With Groupon-Like Thinking – Drive your expenses down by working with your neighbors to buy goods and services in bulk.
- Breakup Sub-Niches To Reduce Expenses – We pay premium prices because we don’t cooperate with others. Learn how working with others can boost your buying power and drive down your rental expenses.